Tuesday, September 5, 2006

Hands

We all take our hands for granted and never really closely notice them. I've used mine in all the expected practical and prosaic ways that can be expected from a "normal" life. My work required a lot of typing and, by choice, at home I have done a lot of knitting.

This weekend I did take particular notice of my hands, however. There was a very simple knot in my knitting caused by the yarn looping around a length of yarn and becoming tight. Nothing real drastic or complicated or newsworthy. The fact is it took me several minutes to unloop the yarn because I could not get a good grip with my thumb and finger. Was very discouraged by the fact especially since the one finger is no longer straight due to artritic nodes in the joint. I am just going to have to hope that knitting and increasing the typing I do will help keep them nimble for a long, long time.

I must admit that this past month I haven't had the occasionaly pain that I would often get. Since I would often use the tip of my finger to help push a knitting needle through, there have been times when I have had to switch projects or stop for awhile due to the pain in my misshapened finger. But not this month! Have been using the cream Topricin that Galina Khmeleva recommended during a recent workshop. And I must also say that the company gives excellent service. I ordered some of their arthritis pills Thursday afternoon on the web and they were in my mailbox the next day. (Just did a search on Google to get to the web site.) Will be interesting to see if these pills work as well as the cream.

Well, enough typing for now and will take a break for some knitting.

1 comments:

Kristy September 7, 2006 at 12:47 AM  

I wandered over here to your blog from the International Scarf Exchange website. Welcome to blogland! I am always glad to see new knit bloggers jump in.

(Please, please don't take this as any insult because really, I intend it as a compliment...) I am excited, too, to watch the blogging/knitting of a woman of retirement age. Blogging seems to be dominated by such a young crowd and I am thrilled that you have decided to add your voice to the mix. I look forward to getting to know you! :)

Post a Comment

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations