Sunday, February 18, 2007

Health Update

Haven't had the internet for a few days so thought I would do a health update just in case someone is interested and to measure where I am at.

Physio was in on Wednesday and pleased with my progress although there doesn't seem much he checks or measures. Still on 50% weight on the left leg and the wheeless walker but have been doing a big more weight. Going to try the other walker next Wednesday after Physio's last visit. At this point I am planning a trip to the Boys & Girls Club for Thursday and have to go upstairs at the far side of the building to the meeting room.

Incision has stopped oozing and seems to be healing with about 1/2 the length with a scab. Appears more dimpled than I had on the other side but we will see how it heals. I cannot locate the scar on the right hand side although I know that it is there. Now I am not sure why it matters but guess I just want something to fuss about.

Haven't gotten my full appetite back yet which I certainly like. It came back last time but hopefully it won't this time. Just can't get so bored that I start eating for something to do. Think the kitchen is further away which may help but it is beside the washroom. To which I am making more "normal" trips to instead of every 2 to 3 hours around the clock.

Did get so bored on Friday that I called Brampton and got Jess. Told her I was bored and to talk to me. Apparently this is a trick that she does regularly to her Mother and Sister so they enjoyed the fact that it was innocently done to her.

Broke the boredom today by having my Son take me out for breakfast. Nothing fancy but at least I got out of the house.

Have started taking an interest in knitting again and getting a bit more done. Seeing I was doing nothing at all even a few stitches is more than before.

Next landmark, I guess, is the follow-up visit with the surgeon. Called the Monday after I was home to make an appointment for 5 weeks from that date. Apparently he isn't in the office much these two months so my appointment is March 29. On a Thursday so can do a road trip to St. Jacob's Market or someplace else interesting.

Must mention medication by the way -- instead of 2 to 3 strong arthritis pills and wishing for more, I am down to 2 to 4 Extra Strength Tylenol per day. Makes such a difference in how I feel overall! And the pain I have now will decrease as I continue to improve which is also very nice to think about.

Hope everyone doing well.

2 comments:

tamara,  February 18, 2007 at 6:45 PM  

glad things are going so well and that you got out of the house for bit...

flit February 19, 2007 at 10:16 AM  

you did't mention what you did with your staples!

Post a Comment

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations