Saturday, August 20, 2011

Isn't it lovely!



You mean you think it just looks like a soft, mushy blob?








Here I will spread it out a bit for you so you can have a slightly better view.









Even using a 60" long circular knitting needle, that is about as much as I can spread it out. There are 9 sections like this and, when the centre is finished, each row will be all the lace. Only 140 stitches in each section when I reach that point.

Bought the yarn and pattern at the K-W Knitters Fair in 2010 when I made the mistake of taking a knitting Granddaughter with me. Let's just say that she did very well for herself.








To give you an idea, this next picture shows the yarn with a penny. It falls in the category of "cobweb" weight.





And maybe one year this is what it will look like.




And before you comment, Jess, NO it is obviously not done yet.

3 comments:

flit August 21, 2011 at 3:04 PM  

it's gorgeous - but why jess?

And the peacock is still my most favourite, anyway

Anonymous,  August 26, 2011 at 10:03 AM  

It looks awesome. That's impressive

JT January 4, 2012 at 3:37 PM  

You have more patience that me. It will be lovely.

Post a Comment

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations