Saturday, May 9, 2015

Day 1

Had a very good sleep once I finished winding the hank I had started.  I woke up a few minutes late but well before my "taxi" arrived.  We had a very nice breakfast at "Harry's".  New building so very clean, service was quick, food was good and very reasonably priced.

Had 3 pairs of sunglasses sitting out at home and remembered while eating that I hadn't picked any of them to bring.  Shopper's Drug is beside the restaurant so stopped and got a pair.  If that is all I forgot then I am doing well.

Nice trip to airport getting there just around 2:30.  One real slow down where grass was burning beside the roadway and the smoke was making visibility impossible.  And real busy once past Kitchener.  Sure glad I wasn't driving!

Got to airport, washroom stop and then went to check in.  Can't load the luggage as there are several flights before ours.

Sat down and really read the Boarding Pass.  The check-in time worked out to be what I thought was the actual flight time.  I have heard of being early but this was ridiculous!

Let Andrea know and they were just approaching the airport so they picked me up and we went to lunch.  Had chicken Slovakia at a place called Zeta on Airport Road.  Two orders feed three of us and someone gets a snack later.  Then came home to their house in Brampton for a few hours.  Will head back to the airport in a few hours.  Flight leaves actually at 11 so will be back by 7:30.  Fun day!

But got to see the youngest granddaughter and Andrea got to read some of the travel info.
 



1 comments:

flit May 12, 2015 at 1:33 PM  

hope you're both having a great time

Post a Comment

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations