Friday, November 24, 2006

JANUARY 29, 2007

Yes I am shouting. I am so very happy. 65 days until I have a hip operation that the doctor said should have been done 12 to 18 months ago. Yes, I am severely handicaped by the degree of arthritis and the only cure for it is an operation. Both legs are considered weak so it may take me longer to recover but it is possible that I might not need my walker or cane by next summer.
For those that are interested --
January 4, 11:15 a.m. - Preop appointment with the doctor to ensure that everything looks good for the operation.
Sometime in the next week or two after that I will have an appointment at the hospital to see it, have the blood work done, etc. Although I lived in the area (Kitchener-Waterloo) for about 10 years, I have never been to the Cambridge Hospital.
January 28 - I will get to Cambridge to stay overnight at the Travelodge, 519.622.1180, to stay overnight so I don't have to worry about getting there real early the next morning in the middle of winter.
January 29, 8:15 a.m. - have to be at the hospital and 11:15 is the time of my operation.
Will have to stay in hospital 4 or 5 days usually and, because of the additional money given for hip and knee replacements, I should be able to have physio in London either at home or at St. Joseph's Hospital.
10 to 12 days after the operation I can have the staples removed and should be back in the water a few days after that.
Will see the surgeon 6 weeks after the operation for a follow-up evaluation.

Now to start organizing my bedroom and the spare room so that my bed will become a spot for me to lie down, view TV, read and knit. (Right now I also share it with some clothes that need to be sorted and moved.) Going to organize some kits with the yarn and pattern all together for ease. Have plenty of books set aside for variety. Ordered a refurbished laptop yesterday so hopefully Son will get the router set up again before I am home afterwards. Too bad I don't have a frig and microwave beside the bed but have to do a certain amount of exercise and they are near the washroom so will be able to get to them.

Have several projects at the point where they need concentrated attention and I am not ready to give them that. I therefore had to start a pair of socks for in my purse. They are a soft green with a bit of brown in them. Would love to show them to you but Son has moved the computer to the kitchen hoping for a better phone connection so he can upgrade the computer service. The printer and camera equipment is still in the front room until he knows if things are all going to the kitchen or back to the front room. Will be a few days before that question is answered. For the past 2 weeks he has been working and/or on errands from 7 a.m. to 2 a.m. every day. (That is not an error in the times - starts early and been working very late.) Finishes Sunday with a 4 hour exam (his day off from work), Monday his usual 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and hopefully off on Tuesday. This decision to start a new part-time job is meaning a large time commitment just now.

Further to my post about the weekend in Toronto, the one granddaughter who went with me Saturday enjoyed the show so much that she bought tickets to take the youngest granddaughter to the show. Talked with her today and she really enjoyed the show. I hope you enjoy the picture taken afterwards.

Now to get an email sent to those I know who don't read my blog. Maybe I should just tell them to come here.
Health, laughter, best wishes and happy knitting to all.

1 comments:

flit November 24, 2006 at 4:15 PM  

Glad you don't have to wait too long.... if you don't like your new ticker, feel free to make a new one and email me the code and I'll stick it in for you

Post a Comment

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations