Tuesday, November 7, 2006

Scarf is here!

Got a blog so I could do a scarf exchange and today I received my scarf. It is a long, narrow, entrelac scarf in 3 colors that is sewn to make a tube and therefore it is reversible and nice on all sides. Made of Cascade 220 (which is just coming into one of our local yarn stores), the darkest shade is the same as the arms of the knit jacket I wear each Spring and Fall. The other 2 colors are ones that I would certainly have picked for myself.

Knit by Angie, a university student at San Jose campus of USC, she also sent some local postcards and candy. And a letter introducing herself. I am so delighted and thrilled by it. Will certainly do an exchange again as I have met two very nice people from the 2 exchanges I have done. And gotten two lovely and very different scarfs.

It had been a miserable day starting with getting up to leave the house by 7 a.m. That hour has sort of disappeared from my life since retiring. Had to get Son to his couin's so he could take her to an appointment in Sarnia. Then car to the repair shop and later to an exercise class in warm water. It is grey and rainy also. And to top it off, the appointment with the orthopedic surgeon that I have waited 10 months for has been moved to November 24. All I could think of is that means that more people will be operated on before me. However, I do have a lovely scarf and goodies to delight in.

Since I was posting pictures, I am going to add a picture of half my goodies from the book shopping trip and of my Mandy witch. Isn't she a sweetheart? LOL

2 comments:

flit November 8, 2006 at 2:52 PM  

love the witch picture... thanks for posting it... I've been pestering her for a picture of her costume.

She is SO growing up... don't need an interpretor to talk to her on the phone anymore...and just like her big brother, she always knows its me when I call....bright kids...don't know where they get it from! :)

I updated your ticker... sorry I needed to :(

tamara,  November 10, 2006 at 8:32 PM  

that definitely sucks, but i'm sure it'll be worth it in the end...and that is a very cute picture

Post a Comment

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations