Friday, January 19, 2007

Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday

First, to my first born – Flit – a very happy birthday.
As the first born, she got to teach her parents how to be parents, to be the first to do things and to set the standards and benchmark for the other 2 children. What we learned with her did not necessarily translate to what the others required or wanted or needed. They did manage to find some “different” firsts but life is more interesting with the differences.
Flit will also be the first to graduate from University. It is not an easy commitment to make as you can read on her blog but she is working on it. Hopefully this will be completed soon. No one needs her stress level for very long but she has a good goal and I am very proud of her.
Since I won’t see you today, Flit, here is a picture of your birthday present – a mobius scarf as requested. Hope you like the color and design. It will come wrapped around a hedgehog in natural colours unless you want to specify a school color set. Princess and I couldn’t decide which colours or which school. Hope you have some time for yourself today, a marvellous celebration and a fantastic year ahead.

Second: birthday wishes to the second child of the second child of the second child in my family – Heather
(I love seeing all the seconds involved.)
A very special birthday wish as you resume University study after your year of work. I know you have clarified some ideas and gained a new perspective on your studies and goals.
Hope you have a great day, celebrations with friends, a successful competition on Saturday that you are pleased with, and I look forward to seeing you on Sunday.
Here is a hint of the present you will receive when I see you.

4 comments:

flit January 19, 2007 at 4:27 PM  

Cool... it's perfect... and natural colours are fine ... or, if you haven't started it yet, Laurentian colours are good too :)

Now I just need someone to give me the birthday present of finding my books! Have managed to misplace not 1 but 2 ... 1 of them, I had when I came in the front door, I know I did!

flit January 19, 2007 at 4:28 PM  

oops...sorry... probably help to know that Laurentian uses blue and gold

Anonymous,  January 20, 2007 at 3:29 PM  

Not sure I can get gold fizz but I'll look and see. Darn, that means I'll have to go to a yarn store. If David says anything, I'll just tell him the truth and let him yell at you.

flit January 22, 2007 at 8:01 PM  

LOL natural colours would be fine too ...don't want to get you in trouble...

Maple Leafs is the preferred colour scheme for Hunter (well, really, Hunter's dad, but ...) btw ....

and when are you sending some for us to sell?

Post a Comment

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations