Saturday, July 28, 2007

Milestone Reached

Took the bus to work on Friday. Was a day in which I did a lot of clearing out of a file drawer and filing a lot of Board things that have been sitting in a thick folder. Naturally it was the third drawer of a 4 drawer file cabinet so lots of bending and getting up and down.

Took the bus home past my usual transfer point so I ended up at Angelos. Those readers who know my house definitely know where Angelos is. Bought some goodies for supper and walked the 6 or 8 blocks home.

All this WITHOUT my cane.

I have used a cane for what seems forever. It must be about 8 or 9 years as I started when I lived in K-W. I had a slight fall and twisted my ankle - on the opposite side of the hip that needed replacement at the time - so it was a difficult few weeks for me. Was working, of course, and had a long bus ride and walk up a slight incline to the office. Found that the support of my cane, especially when tired, minimized the stress on my back. Know there are places and times when I will definitely require the cane in future but certainly can hope that they will even get to be less frequent. Times I will need it will be if there is rough terrain, extremely long walking and/or when I am very tired.

But I prefer not to consider such matters just now but take pride in Friday's accomplishment.

And yes, I am getting some knitting done. Not as much as I would like but I keep working on things. It will be nice when I can show them off but for now I just keep on knitting. The Tour de France being on has helped. I enjoy watching it every evening and have knit all but one night it has been on. Only one more day of it then it will be back to the baseball games.

Enjoy life.

2 comments:

flit July 30, 2007 at 9:28 PM  

cool!

I got a VCR copy of the tv show I was on...do you still have a VCR?

tamara,  July 30, 2007 at 9:31 PM  

that's pretty cool

Post a Comment

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations