Sunday, August 19, 2007

Was taking a break

It has been almost a month since I posted. Hard to find things to write about when you get a routine of going to work, swimming twice a week and knitting on projects that you can't write about or show pictures. Time coming when the projects will be revealed so than I can post about them.

Feeling a bit of let down just now as two of the projects are completed and the third needs a major decision by the recipient before I can get back knitting. Can do some finishing now so I have started that and going back to a pair of socks for me. It is the green swampy pair I started months ago, ripped out because I didn't like the pattern, restarted on the Bridge but never completed the toes. Did the final 4 rows of the toes, started a 2 x 2 ribbing on the top and going to work some twisted ribbing on the back of the foot that I am going to work out myself into something interesting.

Saturday went to Brampton. Son was going to Milton to join a friend and his two boys for a Blue Jays game. Grandson was in a tournament so went to see him play. They won the morning game but lost in the afternoon by 1 run. They had been leading until the 5th inning when they got tied. I had to leave then to pickup Mandy from a birthday party. Turning cool out so I was glad to go but would have been nice to see the full game. It was nice to have the one on one with Mandy.

Got a phone call from her this afternoon. She has been scouted for soccer. The only first year player from her team selected as one of four to go on a rep team. Pretty impressive for a 7 year old. I am only sorry to say that I didn't recognize her talent. I thought she played as well as any on the team and no worse but I guess most of them have been playing longer so she is actually doing very well. Only problem is that her "new" practise is the same time as her brother's hockey practise.

Her folks have the kitchen all taken apart and the new one sitting in boxes in the dining room. Real big change and challenge for them but it should look very good when finished. Would love to do the one here but seriously doubt that anything will be done.

Tried to add a picture but it won't. Guess I'll have to see if I can add Flickr because I have put a lot of them over there.

Hope the next time won't be so long between posts.

Enjoy life.

1 comments:

flit August 21, 2007 at 1:22 AM  

I was here.

got to go watch soccer today. FROZE even with 2 blankets!

Post a Comment

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations