Sunday, July 19, 2009

Ravelry

Talk about an easy way to loose track of the last few hours!

Ravelry -- the site is designed by and for knitters and crocheters as a space to interact with others of the same interests. It provides forums, chat rooms, and a way to link to friends. There is the capability of adding your stash, projects, books, patterns you want to make and all sorts of good things. The site if very easy to get around and way too easy to link to other things.

For example, I added in some yarn I bught recently, looked at it in some other peopless' stash and what they were making from it, then went to their profiles to see where they lived and such. Three hours later and I decided I could do a blog about it and not feel that I have nothing to show for my time.

The one big problem with the site is that pictures can be added and we all know how well I get around to taking pictures. I have added some yarn so it would be a good idea to take a picture of it, designate a storage area (which can be recorded), and get rid of the yarn that has me saying "Now why did I ever buy that?" Know there are many others who would gladly take it. Must cnosider doing that.

Now must do some knitting as a reward for entering at least some yarn.

3 comments:

flit July 19, 2009 at 8:52 PM  

and then it can be all recorded and available online so that Andrea can nag from a distance LOL

Flemisa July 20, 2009 at 7:33 PM  

Need a membership to be on the site and doubt that she would want one. I just won't encourage the girls to register.

Flemisa August 2, 2009 at 4:35 PM  

To Ravelry.

Sign at local dealership -- "You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" Thought you may have suggested it.

Post a Comment

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations