Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Finished!





Been a long time since I've been able to show one of these.

It is a finished item AND it is a pair of socks for me. I am so pleased on both counts.

Have forgotten the brand of yarn, know I worked it toe up on very small needles and decided on the pattern when I got bored with the pain knitting in the foot. Pleased with how the cables lay as they are very flat which I need for my big ankles.

(Sorry for how the pictures are laid out but getting only the HTML in my typing and not wanting to move them around because it is early in the morning when I should be sleeping. Have had problems the last few nights. Since the computer decided to work now, I decided to at least try to get a post in.)

Have started a new item as my niece is having her first baby next Spring. Since I only have the 2 nieces on my ex-husband's side, she definitely needs a nice shawl. Found a pattern from a German knitting book and everything is not charted well but I am going to see if I can't figure it out. The second picture of the shawl (I am sure you can easily tell which one it is) is the pattern book and the first 20 rows. The first picture is a copy showing the finished shawl and the chart I am to follow. Doesn't it look like fun?

Enjoy your challenges and fun.

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations