Sunday, August 2, 2009

Knitting & some Flitting

Have started going to a knitting group at the Little Red Mitten in St. Thomas. Nice treat at the end of the week and even get some knitting done.





Finished up the cowl on Friday that I had been knitting the first week. Very pleased with the way it came out and love the feeling of the yarn. They are going to get some of the yarn in so I won't have to go to Georgetown to get more. (Loved the shop there also but a bit too far to go for 2 balls of yarn.)




Have started the afghan as a wedding gift. The wedding square is working out well once I realized that if I changed the stitches just a tiny bit (make 4 of them purl instead of all knit in the 8 stitch repeat) than it would make the work reversible. After about 5 starts to "guess estimate" the number of stitches needed and to figure out the pattern, it is now progressing fairly quickly.



Socks are coming along well but not feeling like working on the smaller needles just now. Has turned a bit too hot for the fine work.

The Fabricland nearby is moving so getting rid of all their stock at a really good reduction. Went in for some drapery hooks I need (50% off) and spotted some material so didn't really save any money. Do have another option for what to do with my time. As if I need any more but I won't get into that as I am sure my kids would love to.


Reading Julie & Julia and really enjoying it. Might even go to see the movie as I haven't been to one since "The Passion of The Christ". Have a pass for 2 so maybe will use it. Only have had the pass for nearly 2 years.


Off to put the pictures and completed project into Ravelry.

3 comments:

flit August 3, 2009 at 7:27 PM  

Oh, I love that cowl ... need me one of those

Stephanie Barr August 5, 2009 at 4:09 PM  

Yay, I found your blog again! I always love to see your work.

Flemisa August 5, 2009 at 4:46 PM  

Flit - what colour is your winter coat?

Stephanie -- glad to have you back!

Post a Comment

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations