Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Baby Shawl -- Update 2

Surprising how fast the knitting goes with this few of stitches and not much pattern.

I am working on row 42 and long stretches are just plain knitting. Have to watch for when I do the few stitches of pattern but enjoying the progress. This is all within an easily charted - and therefore easy to knit - section.

First picture is how the needle was used for the first rows when there was way more needle than stitches. Two loops of the centre cord were pulled out to allow the knitting points to be at the right angle and not pull the knitting. I am partway through a row.



The next picture is with just one loop while knitting. Means more stitches and less adjustments for the needle.

Now comes the part I really like -- when all the stitches fit on the needle and I can just work round and around.

This will be one of the few times you will be able to see what the shawl looks like as it is difficult to get it to open up enough while knitting on the circular needles.

For the knitters, the needles are from KnitPicks and the cords come off the points. Presently using a 40" (100 cm) long cord and size 6 mm needles. Number of stitches is now 20 stitches. That is all I am going to count. If you want the total number - just multiply by 8.
Now you see why I don't want to know.

2 comments:

Stephanie Barr September 1, 2009 at 7:51 PM  

Oh, that's pretty. That's a lovely pattern.

flit September 6, 2009 at 7:32 PM  

Scrooge says I tells about mine new bed on mine blog today - thank you for mine new bed. I loves it.

Post a Comment

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations