Friday, February 12, 2010

Olympic Preparation

The training for these games has been done for years in learning to knit and read patterns. Now comes THE test.

For an outline of the challenges and expectations, please take a few minutes to read this Feb 12 post from the Yarn Harlot.


She is makeing a full size Icelandic sweater -- in 17 days -- with all those colours! Not for me.

I have had this book for several years and there are many items I have wanted to make from it but haven't. This year I am going to.

There has to be someone in the family who would appreciate a stuffed beaver - after I want to give him away. Will have to see how he turns out before I decide if there will be just one or several and who will get him. If nothing else he will have to get a red and white jacket to go with the Hudson Bay jacket shown. Or maybe, if I can find a good picture, he could get a knit coat like the presenter assistants are going to be wearing.

Just a few more hours -- when the flame is lit -- and I can cast on.

Hope you will also be enjoying the evening.

2 comments:

flit February 12, 2010 at 5:19 PM  

I would be happy to give a beaver a home

Flemisa February 13, 2010 at 12:58 PM  

Thought your grandsons might like to help out also. We'll see when I get him done. May want to keep him for myself for awhile.

Post a Comment

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations